The Collectorate play a pivotal role in the District administration. Collector in the Cadre of I.A.S heads the District. He acts as the District Magistrate for maintaining Law and Order in his jurisdiction. He deals mainly with planning and development, law and order, scheduled areas/agency areas, general elections, arms licensing etc.
The Joint Collector who also belongs to the I.A.S Cadre runs the Revenue administration under various enactments in the District. He is also designated as Additional District Magistrate. He mainly deals with civil supplies, land matters, mines and minerals, village officers etc.
The District Revenue Officer (DRO) in the Cadre of Special Grade Deputy Collectors assists the Collector and Joint Collector in discharging their duties. The District Revenue Officer looks after all the branches of the Collectorate. He deals mainly with general administration and is vested with supervision of day-to-day functions of the Collectorate.
The administrative Officer in the rank of a Tahsildar is the general assistant to the Collector. He directly supervises all the sections in the Collectorate and most of the files are routed through him.
- Section A :: Deals with Establishment and Office Procedures
- Section B :: Deals with Accounts and audit
- Section C :: Deals with Magisterial (Court/Legal) matters
- Section D :: Deals with Land Revenue and relief
- Section E :: Deals with Land Administration
- Section F :: Deals with Land Reforms
- Section G :: Deals with Land Acquisition
- Section H :: Deals with Protocol, Elections and Residuary work.